Form and Function Volunteer Information
Form and Function Team
The afterschool program will be divided into homerooms. Each homeroom will focus on a different stage in learning web design. Students will follow an established pathway through the homerooms.
- Assist and manage students in their room
- Teach students the topics of the corresponding homeroom
- 2-2.5 hours a week
- An initial meeting with program coordinator to determine your coding level
- Mandatory consistent attendance for at at least one of the sessions, including arriving at least fifteen minutes before program begins
- Attend a weekly volunteer training meeting on Saturdays
- Extra meetings with the curriculum team as needed (will happen more often in the beginning, so keep that in mind!)
- Should know basic debugging techniques
- If you are not a very advanced coder, you can teach a beginner-level homeroom and we would still love for you to apply!
- Act as a supporting volunteer in a homeroom led by an instructor
- May be broken out with students for a one-on-one and so should be comfortable communicating concepts with students
- 1-1.5 hours a week to atttend the after school program
- An initial meeting with program coordinator to determine your coding level and extra training if needed
- Possibility of doing extra student coaching before or after the program
- If you are not a very advanced coder, you can help in a more beginner homeroom and we would still love for you to apply!
- Decide what each homeroom should be teaching
- Come up with project ideas for each homeroom with particular focus on the more advanced ones.
- Work with software engineer team in the central organization to come up with fun interactive demo sites
- 1.5-2.5 hours per week
- Can be very flexible
- Meeting once a week with whole curriculum team
- Meeting once a week with central organization