BxB Central Standard Volunteer Information
The commitment levels for this team are fairly flexible, but the average time commitment is anywhere from 1 to 3 hours a week depending on how invested you are. Within the central organization, there are several smaller teams: Marketing, Website Design, Fundraising, and Software Engineer. However, keep in mind that we may create new teams if we have other avenues we want to pursue such as new projects or programs!
If you are interested in and are accepted to this team, it may be a little more time commitment in the beginning to get you all set up. This would involve meetings with the Central Organization Coordinator and meetings with the Team Lead!
For this specific team, we would really love to onboard a few people who are interested in outreach to other organizations and managing Google Ad campaigns!
- Creating content for our social media and growing our following
- Creating and maintaining contact lists
- Conducting market research for services (mainly the programs)
- Outreach, especially through emails (finding new volunteers, adding professional to our network)
- Increasing number and diversity of signups
- Forge partnerships with other organizations with similar goals/missions
- Make graphics for our social media or other materials
- Optional graphic design, social media management, outreach, or ad management experience
- Any skill levels are welcome!
Website Design Team
- Maintain and update our central website
- Find new ways to improve reach and engagement through design and high quality content (such as a blog or resources page)
- Experience with coding websites
- Seek out and apply for grants
- Keep track of possible donors
- No previous experience is required, but keep in mind that a major component of this position is writing grants
Software Engineering Team
- Code fun, interactive demo sites for programs
- Automate necessary functions
- Preferably an understanding of/willingness to learn jQuery
- Ability to quickly learn new frameworks and technologies