BxB Central Standard Volunteer Information
The commitment levels for this team are fairly flexible, but the average time commitment is anywhere from 1 to 5 hours a week depending on your commitment level. Within the central organization, there are several smaller teams: website, marketing, fundraising, and software engineer. Keep in mind that we may create new teams if we have other avenues we want to pursue such as new projects or programs!
If you are interested in and are accepted to this team, it may be a little more time commitment in the beginning to get you all set up. This would involve additional meetings with the Director of Operations or the lead for your respective team!
- Connect with possible sponsors and seek out sponsorship opportunities
- Seek out and apply for grants
- Keep track of donors and sponsors
- Communicate with other organizations and companies for sponsorships
- No previous experience is required, but keep in mind that a major component of this position is writing grants
The marketing team is split mainly into outreach and social media sub-teams. For marketing, we would really love to onboard a few people who are interested in outreach!
- Creating content for our social media and growing our following
- Make graphics for our social media or other materials
- Creating and maintaining contact lists
- Conducting market research for services (mainly the programs)
- Outreach, especially through emails (finding new volunteers, adding professionals to our network)
- Increasing number and diversity of signups
- Forge partnerships with other organizations with similar goals/missions
- Optional graphic design, social media management, outreach, or ad management experience
- Any skill levels are welcome!
Website Design Team
Note: Applications for this team are currently closed, please check back later as positions open up.
- Maintain and update our central website
- Design innovative, creative wireframes for our website pages
- Find new ways to improve reach and engagement through design and high quality content (such as a blog or resources page)
- Experience with coding websites
Software Engineering Team
- Code fun, interactive demo sites for programs (found here)
- Automate necessary functions
- Preferably an understanding of/willingness to learn jQuery
- Ability to quickly learn new frameworks and technologies