Hello World Volunteer Information
Volunteer applications are now closed.
The camp will have two tracks that teach at different speeds: a normal track and a faster track that is meant for students that have previous coding experience. Volunteers may teach workshops focused on a particular coding concept or work one-on-one with students.
We understand that your commitment may vary, and as we approach the camp, we will be deciding on volunteers that will act as an instructor or standard volunteer based on preference and performance.
Hello World Volunteer
- Assist and manage students in their room
- Teach students the topics of the corresponding homeroom
- Standard volunteers
- Act as a supporting volunteer to instructors
- May be broken out with students for a one-on-one and so should be comfortable communicating concepts with students
- Around 3.5-4 hours a day the week of the program
You must choose to volunteer for at least two weeks. You can either sign up for a single session, which
HTML & CSS
- Week 1: July 5th-9th
- Week 2: July 19th-23th
- Week 1: July 12th-16th
- Week 2: July 26th-30th
- HTML & CSS
- An hour a week on volunteer training in the weeks leading up to the camp
- An initial meeting with the program director to determine your coding level and provide extra training if needed
- If you would like, you are welcome to stay after the program to work with students who are in need of more additional help!
- If you are not a very advanced coder, you can teach a beginner-level homeroom and we would still love for you to apply!
Once you apply, you will receive a confirmation email letting you know that we have received your application. A follow up email will be sent out 2-3 days after we receive your application and interviews will begin in May.